What are potatoes in Mississippi mud, you ask? Well, it’s simple. These are diced potatoes mixed with some goodies and baked until tender, crispy on top, and completely coated in cream cheese. Why are they called Mississippi Swamp Potatoes? Well, I don’t really have an answer to that.But their questionable history is nothing to worry about; All you need to know is that they are the best when it comes to calming supplements.
- 6-7 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (1-pound) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine potatoes, cheddar cheese, garlic salt, bacon and scallions. Add the mayonnaise and stir until everything is well coated.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Recognize!
For more recipes click here!