Do you remember your grandmother making her famous cream cake? You could smell the oven and couldn’t wait to play with it. Well, it doesn’t have to be just a memory anymore and you don’t have to rely on grandma for it anymore. Now you can do it yourself!
This easy and super creamy old fashioned custard pie is ready in under an hour and is made with ingredients you probably already have on hand in your fridge and pantry. She will impress your friends, guests and especially grandma.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl using a hand mixer or whisk. Add the sugar, salt, nutmeg, milk and vanilla and stir until well combined (the mixture will be quite runny).
- Carefully pour the mixture into the unbaked cake tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove Remove from oven and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
Sprinkle the surface of the completely cooled cake with nutmeg, cut and serve
For more recipes click here!