The Pecan Pie Cobbler is one of the best desserts I have ever tasted! An easy-to-make dessert that tastes like pecan pie with a tart crust. Cooking creates an incredible caramel sauce!
- 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 120°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Remove 1 cake stand from bag; take place on the work surface. Roll it out into a 13 x 9 inch rectangle.Arrange the skin on a plate; Trim edges to fit.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with a whisk. Mix with chopped pecans. Pour half of the filling into the baking dish lined with shortcrust pastry.Remove the second cake layer from the bag; take place on the work surface. Roll it out into a 13 x 9 inch rectangle. Place the crust on top of the filling; Trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavored cooking spray.
3.Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Gently spoon the remaining filling over the finished cake. Arrange pecan halves decoratively on top. Bake for another 30 minutes or until cake is done. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
For more recipes click here!