Southern Fried Salmon Cakes: This is a fish that even kids will love. Simple, quick and easy to prepare, even better between two slices of bread or in a sandwich. Add some mayonnaise or make your own special sauce and dinner is on the table.
- 1 12 ounce can pink salmon
- 2 – whole eggs
- 1/4 – cup chopped onions
- 1/4 – cup chopped peppers
- 2 – tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 – teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon garlic Powder
- 2 – tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 – teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 – teaspoon Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 1/2 – teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 – slice crumbled white bread
- 1/4 – cup flour, slowly adding as needed to it to adjust consistency.
- Open the canned salmon and place it in a colander in the sink to drain.
- If you don’t want to, remove the large bones. However, they are edible.
- Crumble the salmon with a fork.
- Place the salmon flakes in a large bowl.
- Add two whole eggs
- Add chopped onions and crushed pepper
- Add cornmeal
- Add salt
- Add garlic powder
- Add mayonnaise
- Add Worcestershire sauce
- Add Texas Pete hot sauce
- Add black ground pepper
- Crumble a slice of bread and place it in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients gently and do not overwork them.
- If the dough is very wet, add just enough flour to reach the right consistency.
- parts and form four schnitzels. Put aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add fat or frying oil.
- Add the scallops to the pan and brown the bottom.
- Carefully turn the schnitzels to the other side and fry until golden brown.
- When they are golden brown on both sides, remove them from the pan and
- drain them on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
For more recipes click here!